So during my 3 week stay, I decided to try out a new hotel called Hotel Neo+. Its a pretty new hotel (revamped) and it has been open just for about 2 months. Excited, I booked my room and called it my new (temporary) home. I got my rate at RM160 per night from Agoda, and its pretty reasonable for a standard room in the heart of Penang (its about a 3 minute walk from Komtar)
Upon arrival, I parked my car at its 4 storey car park and checked in. The process was pretty smooth, and whats better? The manager upgraded my room from a standard room to a superior room! Woohoo!
I had my room at the 21st floor (There's 25 floors total and a rooftop swimming pool), and as I opened the door to my new home, It was pretty big and great!
Check out how spacious it is
The TV, study table and reading chair
The Pantry, check out the glass minibar! and 3 cupboards
The washroom is pretty spacious too, and the shower was bedazzed!
and of course, a selfie in my room!
Honestly I loved my room as it was big and spacious, and it didn't feel like any of those old dodgy hotels :) Other than that, the gym was pretty small but still I managed to do some working out there :)
My feedback on the hotel:
1) Housekeeping needs to improve
- Upon arrival, I noticed a long hair near my shower drain
- Reloading of amenities are at random, sometimes I get water bottles, sometimes I don't
- When I'm calling housekeeping through my room phone, sometimes its never answered (This is during office hours of 9-6pm).
- There were a few times I asked for extra amenities, and it didn't come.
- There's once this housekeeper knocked to clean my room even though I put the Do Not Disturb sign outside
- The towels (upon arrival) were so new that the lint of the towels stuck onto my body. They should have pre washed it.
lint, lint everywhere!
- When they cleaned my cups on the 2nd day, there was lint in my cup, So I'm only wondering if they actually used my towels to wipe the cup
lint in my cup
But of course, after complaining, these things started to clear up
2) The Front Desk should have more communication with other departments
- Due to the housekeeping dept not sending up my amenities that i requested, I did head over to the Front Office to ask them to follow up and help send it up, but even so, the things I requested for wasn't sent (This happened 2 times)
Its a great hotel to stay at for an affordable price you're paying. I guess cause its pretty new, these things happened during my stay. I just hope it'll be better the next time. I would definitely stay there again.
Just some random parts of my trip:
I managed to check out Penang National Park for the first time with Clarissa, and it is definitely a great place to unwind :)
The drive to Penang National Park
Clarissa and I
Some random rocks that looks like an ass
Stay tuned as I'll be updating soon on some cafes in Penang! :)